A Story About a Sparrow and a Lizard


Bismillahirrahmannirrahim.

Allahumma Solli ‘Ala Sayyidina Muhammad wa 'Ala Aali Sayyidina Muhammad.

This story is one of my favourite stories. A story that made me think profoundly, shared by a dearest, lovely and a very kindhearted person. Jazakillahu khayr for the beautiful sharing session, may Allah bless kaka, always. Aamiin ya Rabb.

When the Prophet Ibrahim AS was burned by King Namrud. A sparrow came back and forth filling its beak with water and dripped the water over the fire that burned Prophet Ibrahim AS. A lizard came, observing the sparrow's action and laughed while commenting,
"Hey, sparrow! What a fool. Your small beak can only carry a few drops of water that I doubt capable of extinguishing the fire that devoured the Prophet Ibrahim AS."
The sparrow replied,
"O lizard, indeed I am unable to put out the massive fire that burned Prophet Ibrahim AS, but I do not want Allah to see me not doing anything to something that Allah loves (as if- I am siding King Namrud). Allah will not see the results whether I successfully put out the fire or not, but Allah will see my efforts (Where I am siding)."
The lizard continued to laugh and stick his tongue out (to blow the fire that burned Prophet Ibrahim AS). Even though it was absurd as it will not increase the amount of fire that burned the Prophet Ibrahim AS, but Allah saw where he sided.

This story was told as kaka and I were talking about 'Brunei Peduli Palestin' when the programme was held in Times Square, 1st June 2019.

One of the representatives from UNRWA (if I am not mistaken) asked, "Why did you bother to collect money and build a mosque when you are aware that the people of Israel will eventually destroy it again"

Everyone was surprised when they heard the question. (I mean- when kaka told me that, I was surprised too! Like how can someone ask that kind of question...) 

But when she told me the answer, it really warmed my heart ..

The president of WeCare (if I am not mistaken) answered,
"It is not just because we are building the masjid but it is because, when we meet Allah in the hereafter, at least we know what to answer to Him on what have been done to our brothers and sisters out there rather than doing nothing. If it collapsed, then it is okay. We can just collect the money again and build it back hahaha"

Ma shaa Allah, may Allah bless their kind hearts.

Let's be more reflective of the purpose regarding why we live in this Dunya.


Rasulullah Shallallahu’alaihi Wasallam said:خَيْرُ الناسِ أَنْفَعُهُمْ لِلناسِ
"The best of people are those that bring most benefit to the rest of mankind." 
Sebaik-baik manusia adalah yang paling bermanfaat bagi manusia 
(HR. Ahmad, ath-Thabrani, ad-Daruqutni)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASC4: Aku Anomalis 👩‍🚀🚀

Balai Khazanah Islam Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah ❤

To whoever is struggling, this is for you...