Barakah

9th May 2022

Today's intentions:
1) To be kind and generous
2) To start my day with gratitude
3) Praying for barakah in my wealth, time and energy

This is just something that occurred randomly to me today but I can't help to write it down as I want to remember it and reflect on it over time. Excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes, this is really a raw piece of writing.

Bismillah.

I was going off to work and my fuel was running low. I was left with 2 bars and even received a warning sign to get my car refuelled. I rummaged through my bag to check how much I have at that moment and Alhamdulillah, I was so grateful that I have $5 ngam ngam in my wallet + angpao. I actually have a dollar extra but I gave it away to the worker as a tip and with the intention to be kind and generous as what A's family have taught me. And truly, I felt so much lighter even when knowing I didn't have any more cash in my wallet haha literally cashless. But ma shaa Allah, when I was at work, I was looking for something in my bag but to my surprise, I found a 5 dollar note!!!! That GREEN piece of note!!! Kejarangan I have that green note and I really thought I have used up my angpao already but ma shaa Allah eh, I really- ma shaa Allah ✋🏼

Growing up, money is always a hard thing for me. We are 'forced' to be independent at such young age but Alhamdulillah 'ala kulli hal, for years I have been seeing it as a negative thing. All the 'why do we have to experience this as a child', 'why do we live like this', why this and why that. But, today, I decided to change that perspective and accept it wholeheartedly. It was really a challenging journey for me and maybe for my family too but it leads me to who I am today. Now that Allah let me feel like getting a hold of my own money, for the past three years I was so scared to let go of them. It mostly went to expenses, and bills, rarely did I spend it freely with my own will or for 'self-reward'.

I want to change that.

I want to feel like 'letting go' and just leave the urusan 'rezq' to Allah as He is the giver of our sustenance anyways...  May Allah grant barakah in our wealth, time and energy and make us among those who are wiser and accepting in life.

Earlier this morning, I opened my IG and just swiping through people’s IG stories and this person A, ma shaa Allah posted a lot of meaningful quotes where it really did influence on how I wanted to view my life and day to be. And for all of the miracles I have discovered today, I remember this one firman in which I hold on to it throughout my life. I can’t deny that I often forget about it but I’m truly grateful that I get reminded of it again today. 

"If you are grateful, I will certainly give you more." [Ibrahim:7]


Also, I was searching for the firman to get the proper ayaah right.. I never knew there is a continuation to the ayaah and it's giving me shivers 😖


"If you are grateful, I will certainly give you more. But if you are ungrateful, surely My punishment is severe.” [Ibrahim:7]


Oh lord, clearly there are so many things we don’t know, forget and often overlooked. Please have mercy on us ya Allah😥😭 


Allahumma Faghfirlana ya Rabb. 🤲🏼


- M


Below attached are some of the quotes I read that morning and figured I should share them here too. Credit to the owner and may Allah bless you thoroughly <3












 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASC4: Aku Anomalis 👩‍🚀🚀

Balai Khazanah Islam Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah ❤

To whoever is struggling, this is for you...