Tasbee Meliponiculture Farm 🐝💘

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

A month ago, I was doing research on the places of interest in Brunei for my assignment and that was when I discovered Tasbee Meliponiculture Farm. Felt hopeless when I found out that the place is located in Tutong, I mean like- when will I even get the chance to go to Tutong randomly, just for the sake to visit the bee farm.

But Allah knows better and He is the best of Planners. Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah.

When an opportunity is opened wide, I'd be the first one to raise my hands up high. Going to a place where it's my first time, that's just a bonus. KNK? Absolutely.

 

Ma shaa Allah, unbelievably here I was.

I also found out that the name Tasbee itself is sempena namanya sendiri, Tasby Amit. Lawak lah orangnya, beliau dan becali tiada berpisah hahaha. Such a generous person, ma shaa Allah. Memang inda karit menginfaqkan ilmu. If someone has been thinking to publish a book about stingless bees or starting a business on harvesting honey, mentor Tasby Amit sedia membantu. (I mean literally he won't mind :') he said so himself) Fees? That I'm not sure hehe boleh pm tepi..

He recommended us, the youth, to make a business out of it. No Bruneians have ever sold the stingless bee honey internationally yet. He also mentioned that doing business is also part of Rasulullah (ص)'s sunnah, which is true. He shared a lot of beneficial information and stories that inspired me a lot. Allahu, he has such an astonishing personality.

May Allah grant him and his family with His barokah and endless rezq, aamiin ya Rabb.

Interesting facts about the bees are that they are almost the same as human life. In each beehive, there will always be the guards (to protect the beehive), the nurses (to treat the injured bees), the workers (extract the nectar from flowers and produce the honey), and a Queen that rules the 'community'.
 
The guards are mainly male bees whereas the workers are the female bees. The female bees act as the breadwinner in the bee's life. I found this oddly interesting hahaha. Also, they can't be exposed to hot sunlight, that's why most of their beehives are found in shady areas. This is because, if the bees are exposed to high temperature, their behaviour will change and produce less honey, same goes to rainy days.
To be honest, I'm not a fan of animals. Not that I hate them (mari beristighfar berjemaaah), it's either geli or takut or kedua-duanya sekali gitu. :') But, having to be out of my comfort zone and the love to study something new, I didn't even think twice and just agreed on joining. It's always exciting to try and discover something unusual.

We also get to extract the honey by ourselves and taste the stingless bee honey with vanilla ice cream! (hahah excuse my melted ice cream).


   

I was really grateful that we had this opportunity to go there along with my YIC girls. All praises are due to Allah. Tapi, seperti biasanya, incomplete itu pasti. :') huhu.

Sending my deepest gratitude to the EKK and GoG of UBD for organising this field trip, had really such a wonderful time. May Allah bless each and every one of you, always.

3rd November 2019. ❤











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASC4: Aku Anomalis 👩‍🚀🚀

Balai Khazanah Islam Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah ❤

To whoever is struggling, this is for you...